Tuesday 22 May 2012

I'm a Hater

I have been trying really hard in the last while to step out of my comfort zone.  You see I am a bigger hater of things.  I don't really enjoy anything normal people like.  For example thongs (the shoe or the underwear doesn't matter hate them both.), board games, any card game but poker, tobogganing, anything outside in the winter for that matter.  I have a perfectly warm house why would I leave it.  Most school events,  things that waste my time, people touching me, me touching people, bare feet, sand...and the list goes on. 

Anyways my comfort zone is really really small.  But I am okay with that for the most part.  Except lately I have noticed it's getting smaller yet.  And that has actually started to worry me.  This is tied in to my anxiety I'm sure and my fear is that I may get to the point when I never leave my house. 

So I am really trying to do things that put my outside of my comfort zone to see how I do.  One thing I tried was getting my nails done.  I know it wouldn't seem that scary to normal people but it seemed like a lot of touching for me.  One of my friends does nails.  I have known her for about 6 years.  I trusted her with my nails.  Now I like it.  I have had them done once since then too and I think it's neat. 

My sister got married and I was a bridesmaid which almost pushed me over the edge in many ways, but all good for me I guess.  I got my make up done for the first time and didn't mind that either.  In fact I may go back and get some help on picking colors for me and some application tips as well. 

I am a long way from being able to wear thongs to the beach without dry heaving at the feel of the sand on my feet but I think the nail salon was a good place to begin. 

Then I tried twitter.  Also something I thought I would hate but enjoy.  More than Facebook but don't tell Bono and Mark Zuckerburg.  My name is @DHysuick just in case you don't want to miss anything that happens in my crazy/boring life. 

I don't know what I will try next but I will keep you posted. 

PS If you see someone next to you at the beach this year gagging while sitting in the sand...it may be me.  Offer some kind words of support, pat me on the back, hold my hair, you know, show me you are proud of me for stepping out of my comfort zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment