Saturday 7 July 2012

Low carbs and the high life

I am not a fun person.  I mean I am funny but not fun.  I don't particularly like to "do" stuff.  I like to visit with friends but I don't really like to play board games or go to the beach, or play golf...you know things that other people consider fun.  I may have mentioned this before. 

So here's what happened.  I had gone a whole month without a migraine.  I was feeling pretty good about myself and the new drugs and the diet.  We got invited out to the lake with some of our friends.  They have spots down at the lake.  We went down there.  We had supper down there and I had some garlic toast and some chips.  I have had both of these before and only had a tightening in my head so I thought it would be okay.  But here is where I went wrong.

I decided to try a drink.  I had a ceaser with vodka in it.  I have virgin cearsers all the time and do okay so I thought I would try one.  So on Saturday, no problems.  We stayed up until about midnight and then went to bed.  I slept pretty well. Got up in the morning and went boating.  Came back in had corn on the cob and a hot dog and another ceaser and went back on the boat.  I had to take two Advil before we went out on the boat.  I wasn't worried though.  I had minor headaches all month just not a migraine. 

It was sunny out.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  I hate to sound whiney but I'm just not an outdoorsy person.  I enjoy reading and now blogging.  Not really a tubing/boating type of gal.  However, I do really enjoy the people that I was with.  So that's the best part. 

We left about 4 and headed home.  By the time we got here, I had a headache.  A growing into a migraine type of headache.   I took one of my good pills before bed and hoped for the best.  Not to be.  I had a migraine until Tuesday in the night it finally broke.  It leaves another type of a headache that I call a brain bruise in it's wake.  So Wednesday I had that and then Thursday it settled into just a headache.  Finally, by Friday it was gone. 

I think its safe to assume I will not be taking a hot holiday anytime soon. 

So I am trying to be a little more strict with myself.  My eating is okay during the week but I have more trouble on the weekend.  I am reading a book called "Protein Power" that I am hoping will help. 

I will not try to have a drink again anytime soon.  I will also not try to sit outside again in the sun anytime soon.  I hope this upcoming month will keep me moving forward.  Thank you all for reading about this. 

I know many people struggle with the same thing I do.  It's good to know that I'm not in this alone. 
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment