Sunday 26 August 2012

Update

Hello All!
There has been so much going on lately, I have been very neglectful of my blogging.  Which is breaking the first rule of blogging. 

I am getting a lot better at the whole carb free living.  I have figured out several ways of cooking some of my favourites with a relatively low carb way of eating. 

My family is happy eating cabbage instead of spaghetti.  I know it sounds crazy.  I tried it first on a whim.  The  grocery store in town had a ten things for ten dollars sale on.  (I Love the 10 for 10!!)
One of the items was the pre-bagged coleslaw.  So I bought a couple and for supper boiled two packages while I made meat sauce.  My teenagers liked it.  The four of us cleaned it up.  It was great.  We went from about 100 carbs worth of spaghetti to about 6 grams of carbs.  Not to even mention the calories saved.  I was so excited that everyone liked it.  I went back to the 10 for 10 and stocked up and threw them in the freezer.  Just as easy as spaghetti but lots better for you. 

I also hosted a football party.  The hardest of all parties for food temptation.  So I decided to set my self up as well as possible.  I made lots of pepperoni and ham chips.  (3 min in the microwave.  I have a chipster from epicure so the fat drips away but a plate works too.)  I cut up veggies and made prosciutto, pickle and cream cheese rolls.   I was going to have oysters as well but the teenagers admitted to eating them when I looked and couldn't find them.  Even though I knew I had them.  Oh well, next time. 

Years ago I watched an episode of Oprah when they talked about going vegan and talked about "leaning into it".  Obviously I am more of a meataterian than a vegan but the same principle exists.  When I tried to cut all carbs in one day it was terrible but as I keep at it, I'm getting better. 

I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment