Sunday 1 December 2013

It sounded better in my head!


I know lots of you have been asking about how I have been doing.  Here is a brief update.  I have tried Lyrica which does appear to help with the pain some.  I have been able to sleep now with some night time Tylenol or Advil and the opposite in regular whatever.  (Do not try this at home.  After 20 years of migraines, I consider myself a professional.)

My tremors are the same or worsening it depends on the day.  When I am really tired the tremors get worse.  My shoulders come up off the bed, my knees will lift.  Sometimes it’s like I have a contraction in my stomach (?)  I know it sounds weird but this will pull one leg up and the opposite shoulder towards each other.  Like a sloth doing criss-cross crunches.  I tell you this for three reasons, one to let you know how I am doing, two let you know what I am doing if you see me in public flopping like a fish and three to explain the following story. 

 As you all may or may not know, I am very involved in a charity called “Forever Friends of Hope”.  We had a large function on Thursday night.  It was awesome.  We had entertainment, a fantastic meal, beautiful prizes and a great time! We had a great turnout with lots of the partners of FFOH.  These are people that have worked with us in the past, like Helen from The Pink Tree in Regina. 

One of the women that attended is active in the Saskatchewan Breast Cancer Connect.  She will know who she is.  She is a wonderful and gracious lady who approached me to ask how I was.  So I told her.  I was explaining the tremors and how animated I get when I relax.  I have always had a sense of humor and this time of my life is no exception. 

So here is how it went down.  In my head at the end of my story, I sarcastically said, “I must be really relaxing to sleep with.”  What came out of my mouth was “I must be really good in bed.” 

I have embarrassed myself before.  I will again, I’m sure.  But I wanted her to know that I usually hide my perverted sense of humor a little longer. 

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment