Thursday 23 January 2014

Moustache


So I am about to tell you too much information.  I am warning you.  If you don’t want to know, stop reading now.

I found a gray whisker in my moustache.  And I am a girl.  I don’t want to hear anything from anyone else on this simple fact.  Period. 

I never thought I would be one of those waxing, overly concerned women.  I will let you in on a secret.  I took a stand against eyebrow waxing when I was young.  It hurt.  I didn’t like it.  I wasn’t going to do it.

I didn’t wax my eyebrows until I was 37 years old.  I didn’t dye my hair for the first time until I was 30.  I admit that I like the look of my eyebrows now and my hair stays dyed because of the gray hair that multiplies exponentially.  I always thought I was pretty untouched.  Now that I think of it, maybe not terribly pretty…Anyways, back to the story. 

It has been my understanding of life that as we age, weird things happen to us.  I know that my moustache has been filling in faster than a 15 year old boy.  Once upon a time, I had one chin hair.  Now I allot time in my schedule to pluck my chin hairs. 

The bottom line is that I noticed, and proceeded to pluck, a whisker from my moustache that was gray.  It was a dark day in my life.  I am still not over it completely. 

I guess it was bound to happen.  Maybe walking with a cane has been aging me faster.  Maybe being sick has sped up the process.  However I refuse to believe that as I knock on 40’s door, this is a permanent addition to my life.  That is my stand now.  Hair Be Gone!

Now I have to go…wax something…Later everyone!  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment